Strange sound turning left

I have a weird sound in my '02 Boxster. Only when I turn left, at slow speed turning into a parking space, or stationary. It sounds like a hydraulic power-steeringish groan when wheel is turnedabout 3/4 of the total... starting turning, no sounds, then there is a sound, when then goes away before the stops. So anyone know what this is?

I took it to my dealership, showed them how repeatable it was, and after a day with them, I was told their mechanics could not figure out what it was. I was told to keep driving until it got worse enough for them to be able to tell better was it was. I cannot believe this. I don't know what to do. I do not want my wheel falling off at highway speed. I cannot believe their Expert Mechanics, who have Seen Everything, are actually STUMPED.

So, please, anyone know what is going on or could otherwise tell me what I can do other than "wait until it worsens enough for us to tell what it is" ???

Thanks, please post.

Reply to
Dan Stephenson