The Dark Side

My conversion to the dark side is complete - all the Porsches are gone, and as of today I've got 2 BMWs: a 2003 325i and a 2003 Z4 2.5i (rest assured, I won't be getting a 2003 7 series and 5 series. Really!). Both cars are black on black and 5 speeds, but that's as far as I'm taking it. Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

E Brown wrote: : My conversion to the dark side is complete - all the Porsches are : gone, and as of today I've got 2 BMWs: a 2003 325i and a 2003 Z4 2.5i : (rest assured, I won't be getting a 2003 7 series and 5 series. : Really!). Both cars are black on black and 5 speeds, but that's as far : as I'm taking it. : Emanuel

You need a nice 914 as your winter car...

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

The 914 is one of the few Porsches I couldn't own; I'm too lanky to fit, and the shifting action is even worse than the 915. Emanuel

--

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A sad day for us, but I'll admit I've eyed a Bimmer or three.

I wanted your help collecting 1995 Porsches. I've got one, but I need help with the rest. Please send cash or Porsches.

DS

Reply to
The Dead Senator

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A sad day for us, but I'll admit I've eyed a Bimmer or three.

I wanted your help collecting 1995 Porsches. I've got one, but I need help with the rest. Please send cash or Porsches.

DS

Reply to
The Dead Senator

Shame Doc. But the Z4, M3 CSL and new V10 M5 are nice looking cars. So I guess one day I'll aim to own at least one of them. For now I stick with a softop Saab and plan for a 911 or 944.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Update: It's gotten worse! I bought a black/black M Coupe yesterday. :) epbrown

-- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to
E Brown

: : Update: It's gotten worse! I bought a black/black M Coupe : yesterday. :) : epbrown

ick.

Reply to
Low Life #3

LOL. :) epbrown

Reply to
E Brown
1 point for consistency 0.5 points for taste.

(Could have been Toyotas, after all)

E Brown wrote:

Reply to
someone

: LOL. :)

don't get me wrong, I'd have a Z4 in a heartbeat. and a 6er would make a fine long distance saloon for when the 996 didn't have enough comfortable seats.

Reply to
Low Life #3

I should get triple points for consistency - not just sticking with BMW, but also returning to the black on black color scheme. :) I was seriously considering a return to the Porsche fold. My top candidates were the 996TT, an early base 997, and the Cayman S. There were some great deals on TTs a while back (mid-50s and less), but they all seemed to evaporate when I got near. The Cayman S appeals. Fantastic drive and I love the interior of the current Porsches compared to the 996s/986s. Thing is, I got a Z4 roadster in part because I wasn't a big fan of the Boxster styling, and the same applies 2 years on - the 987s are nice, but to me the Z4 coupe is a work of art, the most successful of the current BMW designs. And I admit, I still don't like Porsche doing the 944 thing all over again - building a better chassis than the 911, then hobbling it so the latter will still be on top. When you get to the Carrera - well, it's wonderful as always, but the M Coupe is its performance equal and costs 20 grand or more less brand new than the used 997. Throw in the running costs and the scattered reports that the RMS thing is still popping up... The M Coupe also has a sort of ironic exclusivity to it - slow sales mean you rarely see them (only 1400 have sold). Personally, I haven't seen an M Coupe on the road since they were released, and I've noticed the flash of camera phones when I'm out in mine. epbrown

Reply to
E Brown

Reply to
someone