Porsche Turbo for quick sale!

There is NO WAY Porsche won't come after the person that tries to use this domain; they're notoriously litigious about their name and trademark. I'd sooner spend half a grand getting a bulls-eye to wear at an archery competition. Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

They did say "quick sale" you weren't supposed to think that far ahead.

Bernard

1984 928
Reply to
Bernard Farquart

\ oo \____|\mn / /_/ /\ \_\ - Herc, The Unrecognised Truman / K-9/ \/_/ - Join

- /____/_____\ - Nanotechnology is gonna be HUGE... (RMF)

--------------

"Bernard Farquart" wrote

Its possible the domain will get yanked off you, but I doubt it, as long as you don't stick PorscheTurbo stickers on a RX7 and abuse ambiguity of the label to sell them its not conflict of interest.

Its not a concern for me since I'm the TRUeMAN, don't expect any of you to believe me, got flamed here last year over it. So intellectual property rights are different for me since about a trillion dollars in intellectual property is taken from my life for worldwide media. Companies aren't as skeptical as usenet I can lever pretty much anything. Unless they were keen on a multi-million dollar promotion "Porsche Turbo", me holding the name is like George Bush volunteering at your P&C meeting.

There are millions of fan sites on internet with TM as part of the name, if they went after porschefan.com they would likely lose. Besides it costs them $10K and 3 years to legally take the name off you and they usually offer what it cost you in the C&D letter.

Anyway, when I'm properly famous you might catch it on TV on the back of my Porsche :) And I'll offer a (co-owned by The Truman) link on your site to keep their lawyers away!

TM risk is small, that's why its a few hundred $ and not $20K.

Herc see me in my

Trueman... what up, my uncle told me you post here... he's did some audio on your secret show and gave me some tapes. love the show.

rule Truman.

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.comI was in Townsville over the weekend, and I heard him.Very spooky!

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.comI'm from Townsville and YOU ARE the Truman
snipped-for-privacy@news.ozemail.com.auI'm in Townsville. We're sick of you
Do you know if the truman is living in Townsville?I've been hearing stuff, yeah.

Reply to
|-|erc

You must not be very familiar with Porsche and the complete control they exercise over their trademark. Go try to buy ANYTHING from an aftermarket vendor with the crest on it. FYI you won't be able to.

Bernard

Reply to
Bernard Farquart

\ oo \____|\mn / /_/ /\ \_\ - Herc, The Unrecognised Truman / K-9/ \/_/ - Join

- /____/_____\ - Nanotechnology is gonna be HUGE... (RMF)

--------------

"Bernard Farquart" wrote in > > > > >

What does PorscheTurbo mean? Is that their trademark? It no different to

I'm not trying to pull wool over your eyes, but they seem to have missed these

7,000,000 TM domain violations too!

Internet Explorer® (ab Version 5.0), und den Netscape Communicator ...

- 6k - Cached - Similar pages

Porsche Design : the engineers of luxuryThe official Website of Porsche Design Management GmbH & CoKG. New Watches. And the winner is... PRODUCTS PROFILE DOWNLOADS CURRENT SOURCE OF SUPPLY CONTACT. ...

- 9k - Cached - Similar pages

The Porsche Club of AmericaThe Porsche Club of America or PCA is the official national Porsche club offering driving opportunities, technical assistance and events such as racing, car ...

- 12k - 27 Apr 2004 - Cached - Similar pages

Homepage - Great Britain - Porsche Cars Great Britain Ltd.Discover Porsche DNA. Porsche Carrera Cup Great Britain 2004 race season gets the green light Porsche extends Cayenne assembly plant in Leipzig,

- 31k - 27 Apr 2004 - Cached - Similar pages

Homepage - Deutschland - Dr. Ing. hc F. Porsche AG - [ Translate this page ]Entdecken Sie die Porsche DNA. ... Porsche erzielt 2003 Zulassungsrekord in Deutschland Über 1.900 gepflegte und geprüfte Porsche aus Vorbesitz! ...

- 35k - Cached - Similar pages

Homepage - Italia - Porsche Italia SpADNA Porsche. Porsche Lotto Tennis Cup Disponibile il nuovo screensaver "sportivo" The 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet is ready to hit the road,

- 31k - Cached - Similar pages

::Porsche Owners Club::Offering social events, time trials and slalom events.

- 2k - Cached - Similar pages

Porsche BelgiumCarrera GT will be built in Leipzig,

- 27k - Cached - Similar pages

Porsche.nl© 1999-2003 Dr.Ing.hcF.Porsche AG. All rights reserved.

- 22k - Cached - Similar pages

Homepage-Porsche Japan KKIndex, Other Countries, 911, ?????, ????, ??? & ??????, ??? & ??????, ???? ?? ???. ...

- 30k - 27 Apr 2004 - Cached - Similar pages

If I had a letter from Porsche honouring the free use of the name I'd sell it for $10K. Porsche *may* have deed to the name, I'm not disputing that, but they don't have much case if its used responsibly. Do you think they are going to shut down

?

At any rate my email address hasn't resolved yet so anyone who wants the name try again later. the fact its a fine name doesn't imply its bogus. I can't think of a better name for a usenet sig at all! I bought it for myself, but I'm looking at buying a million banner impressions to fire up one of my sites ($500!). The small risk is reflected in the price, in business there's a simple rule, the profitibality of the venture is proportional to the risk. There is a small risk IMO, which makes it a potentially good deal.

You porsche guys all drive 55 now? Herc

Reply to
|-|erc

Management GmbH &

SOURCE OF SUPPLY

national Porsche club

DNA. Porsche Carrera Cup

assembly plant in

]Entdecken Sie die

1.900 gepflegte und

Disponibile il nuovo

??????, ??? & ??????, ????

?

better name for a

million banner impressions

in business there's a

a small risk IMO,

Those are *all* Porsche sanctioned websites. If Porsche doesn't sanction it or bless it, it's gonna be gone.

DS

Reply to
The Dead Senator

© 2002 Porsche Cars North America, Inc. Legal notice. Privacy Policy

You're telling me Porsche TM owns every Porsche Owners Club in the world?

You want to meet in the mountains with your friends and you have to advertise in the paper The Meeting For The Car Formally Known As ......

cmon! Turbo is literally another word for Fan (great pun!), Porsche doesn't own any intellectual property rights on the word turbo. As long as your usage isn't counterproductive to Porsche its legally your name.

Microsoft went after MikeRoweSoft.com because its a take on the company, they can't undo fan sites surely that's half the web.

Anyway, $450 its a once only offer, all you guys are left in text newsgroups because you don't understand fair usage. Car forum sites are huge, there's guys selling them getting

1000 people a day all the time with names nowhere near as good as this. I bought it because in another year its gonna be emblazoned in a huge paint job on my Porsche to be... site or not!

If you ran Porsche, would you want ownership of all the fan names? or would you want the public on internet to develop them?

Herc

|-|erc

It does not matter what your intentions are. Porsche owns the right to say whether or not you can have the word Porsche in your website name. Period. I betcha they wouldn't think much of you trying to profit from their name.

Check these pages out, they're even from your neck-o-the-woods:

BTW: We're here in the text newsgroups by choice. And, yes, we go 55 mph on our way to three digit speeds, thank you very much.

Reply to
The Dead Senator

e> © 2002 Porsche Cars North America, Inc. Legal notice. Privacy Policy

e> You're telling me Porsche TM owns every Porsche Owners Club in the e> world?

e> You want to meet in the mountains with your friends and you have to e> advertise in the paper The Meeting For The Car Formally Known As e> ......

e> cmon! Turbo is literally another word for Fan (great pun!), Porsche e> doesn't own any intellectual property rights on the word turbo. As e> long as your usage isn't counterproductive to Porsche its legally e> your name.

e> Microsoft went after MikeRoweSoft.com because its a take on the e> company, they can't undo fan sites surely that's half the web.

e> Anyway, $450 its a once only offer, all you guys are left in text e> newsgroups because you don't understand fair usage. Car forum sites e> are huge, there's guys selling them getting 1000 people a day all e> the time with names nowhere near as good as this. I bought it e> because in another year its gonna be emblazoned in a huge paint job e> on my Porsche to be... site or not!

e> If you ran Porsche, would you want ownership of all the fan names? e> or would you want the public on internet to develop them?

Tell John Dunkle that, and maybe he'll set you straight. The fact is...you're dead wrong. Not only "can" Porsche go after a violator...they "will".

Reply to
Jack D. Russell, Sr.

What if someone's named their daughter Porsche and registered a site with the name in it? Sorry but I don't see them going after each and every single variation of the name. If someone is clearly using the name and TM's in an unlawful manner then maybe, MAYBE, they can successfully go after them.

Also, I will sell you any one of these for $500 a piece;-)

porsche911carrera.com porsche-944.com theporsche928.com racingporsche.com porschespot.com porschestuff.com porschesites.com classic-porsches.org classic-porsches.info classic-porsches.biz classic-porsches.tv classic-porsches.us porsche-online.net porsche-online.org porsche-online.info porsche-online.biz porsche-online.tv porsche-online.us porschesonline.com porschesalesonline.com porschetraderonline.com porscheauctiononline.com onlyporscheonline.com porscheautos.com porschecountry.com porschebuyers.com porscheman.com

Reply to
cha_cha_cha

Selling cars yes, fan site, personal site no. What's the problem with this?

um no, once a forum user always a forum user, you've obviously never used VBulletin.

We would like to assure our customers that Porsche AG is not trying to interfere with, or restrict, their freedom of speech. The opposite is true. We greatly appreciate ... Our actions concerning the web pages mentioned above have only goal. We have to protect our trademarks from infringement and exploitation

The reason PorscheClub.com is operating is because it doesn't exploit the name. Anyway no use arguing, guess I'll just put porsche out of business by decade end then.

Herc

Reply to
|-|erc

Personal site, commercial site, if it can be seen, they will ask (tell) you to stop using it.

How can you still not understand what everyone is telling you?

Reply to
Bernard Farquart

BF> Personal site, commercial site, if it can be seen, they will ask BF> (tell) you to stop using it.

BF> How can you still not understand what everyone is telling you?

Either he/she's a troll, or just not intelligent enough to comprehend the written word. Then again, he/she may be a teenager who already knows it all and has to learn everything the hard way. ;)

Reply to
Jack D. Russell, Sr.

ccc> What if someone's named their daughter Porsche and registered a ccc> site with the name in it? Sorry but I don't see them going after ccc> each and every single variation of the name. If someone is ccc> clearly using the name and TM's in an unlawful manner then maybe, ccc> MAYBE, they can successfully go after them.

ccc> Also, I will sell you any one of these for $500 a piece;-)

[Snipped]

No, you won't sell me anything. I don't buy *ANYTHING* from internet spammers, regardless of how good a deal it may be. I can think of several right now (Rennlist, Pelican parts, Clark's Garage, etc.) that would beg to differ with your thinking on the matter. Maybe if you contacted some of them, they'd show you the cease and desist letters. Now, go away.

Reply to
Jack D. Russell, Sr.

"Jack D. Russell, Sr." wrote

i'm surprised and dissapointed i thought there might be a smidget of culture with porsche drivers, you have the attitudes of 18 yo torana rev heads.

i'v asked you 4 times now, who owns porscheclub.com and why is it listed on page 1 of google under "porsche" ?

turbo is just another word for fan, 1 million website owners can't be wrong.

Herc

Reply to
|-|erc

porscheclub.com IS A PORSCHE SANCTIONED WEBSITE! How many times must it be said? Did you even read the site??? Is English not your first language? Why are you so thick-headed? You are merely a troll, perhaps.

The word turbo means nothing to Porsche and I wasn't aware that there were 1 million sites with the word turbo in it. But who the hell cares? Have at it. Put Porsche in it and you'll be hearing from their legal department eventually.

We have this attitude because you seem to not understand what is being patiently explained over and over to you. If you don't believe us, call Porsche and ask what a fair price for your site would be. Perhaps someone should point them in your direction...

I'm done.

Reply to
The Dead Senator

BZZZ!

PorscheClub.com © 2002 Porsche Cars North America, Inc. Legal notice. Privacy Policy

Porsche.com © 2004 Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. Legal notice.

Here's 60 thousand more domains Porsche has to register to stop those evil fan sites.

Results 1 - 10 of about 58,900 for "porsche club".

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Wake up and feel the sunshine, they're fan sites, porsche dont own 100,000 company names, what are these sites going to call themselves?

No the point is anyone can use any word with fair use, not exploiting the company,

XFilesFan.com ??

According to you that belongs to Fox, bull!

Herc

Reply to
|-|erc

dude, it was a joke! hence the wink at the end of the line;-) Every single one of those domain names are available for purchase from any registrar (for about $30). That was the reason for posting them there. The point is that Porsche would need to spend millions more on registering domain names in order to control every conceivable use of the name.

Reply to
cha_cha_cha

e> "The Dead Senator" wrote in > |-|erc wrote: > >> "Jack D. Russell, Sr." wrote >> porscheclub.com IS A PORSCHE SANCTIONED WEBSITE! How many times >> must it be said? Did you even read the site??? Is English not your >> first language? Why are you so thick-headed? You are merely a >> troll, perhaps.

e> BZZZ!

e> PorscheClub.com e> © 2002 Porsche Cars North America, Inc. Legal notice. Privacy Policy

e> Porsche.com e> © 2004 Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. Legal notice.

That's it. NOBODY can be that stupid. Troll,,,thru and thru. I'm done.

Reply to
Jack D. Russell, Sr.