Time before oil change?

I use Mobil 1, 5W-40 in my '01 996, but drive it only about 2k miles per year. I do drive it every 2-3 days to keep the water burned out. Is there some time beyond which I should change the oil regardless of mileage? Current mileage is 32k, oil changed last at 30k, about one year ago. Still full of oil.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Morgan

"Mike Morgan" wrote

Common practice is once a year at least. BMW even does an oil change once a year during their "free maintenance" period regardless of mileage.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers