Honda Brand Synth Oil

I was the Acura dealership today, and he showed me a quart of Honda Full Synthetic motor oil. Has anybody ever heard of this? And who makes it?

Reply to
Venture Rider

In the US Exxon/Mobil had and may still have the contract for making the regular Honda branded oil, so perhaps they are supplying the synthetic as well.

I wouldn't pay any extra for it!

John

Reply to
John Horner

I know Mobil is the recommended oil for the new RDX, so perhaps they are making the Honda branded stuff too.

Actually, the dealership is only charging $10.50CAD a quart, which is a regular price around here for synth.

Reply to
Venture Rider

Venture Rider wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

IIRC,Mobil One synthetic is only ~$4 USD/qt. at Wal-Mart,Orlando,Fl.

Hey,take a trip to DisneyWorld/Universal/SeaWorld,and stock up on your oil while you're here! (blatant tourist plug) B-)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Venture Rider wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I recently paid $8.18/US qt Cdn for Mobil-1 5W-30 at a hardware store.

The fancy-dancy super-premium Mobil-1 0W-40 is about $9 per qt Cdn at NAPA.

By the way, I discovered that old cars with very high mileage don't like

0-weight very much, even if the other end says "40". Stuff's like water when hot. :(
Reply to
TeGGeR®

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns98237BCE7AC4jyanikkuanet@129.250.170.84:

Was there in '94 for our honeymoon. Did all that plus Cypress Gardens, which wife loved. Rained every night. Massive, black, stentorian thunderstorm our last night there.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"TeGGeR®" wrote in news:Xns9826D9924D051tegger@207.14.116.130:

Hey,maybe you could mix 0W and 5W 50/50 to get 2.5W??? (for winter)

[half-serious...]
Reply to
Jim Yanik