Latest threads in Toyota Priusshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The crud is coming through the woodwork
Step right up, step right up! Get your class action lawsuit here!!! Are you a victim of Toyota's negligence! We'll sue the pants off em for you! The worms are crawling out of the woodwork, on XM. You...
4
4

Any 2010 Prius owners here can share experience about "inconsistent brake feel"?
I own a 2009 Prius and have owned a 2007 Prius before. And several other cars before that which had ABS in them. So, based on my personal experience with ABS I cannot wrap my head around the...
2
2

Could this be the LARGEST recall in automotive history?!?!?
Not by a friggin' longshot! #1 Ford 2008 (12 million vehicles) In February of 2008, Ford issued the industry's largest-ever recall, affecting Lincoln and Mercury SUVs, pickups, cars, and vans of model...
13
13

{BS} Ray Lahood gets TOUGH with Toyota!
What about GM, Chrysler and Ford? Moron. GM and Ford have PLENTY of recalls to publicize, and this idiot goes after Toyota. Your government at work.
24
24

Dear Valued Toyota Customer
Feb. 5 Dear Valued Toyota Customer: We thought we would take a moment to check on your satisfaction with the Prius. We like to think of Toyota as one big family and wouldn't want to see a cousin, say,...

2008 Prius
My 2008 Prius has not had any problems with gas pedal or brakes. I beleive the American Press is trying to get US to buy GM product.
6
6

Toyota struggles to stop runaway crisis
Really? This is the 5th largest recall of all time. Better google Ford Transmission Recall. THey got out of it by sending you an orange sticker to put on your dash that said "WARNING! This Motor...
36
36

Insteqad of pissing and moaning, "john" how about doing something useful?
Apparently Dimitrios Biller was. Do a google search on his lawsuit from last fall. Of course, he's a lawyer so his credibility could come into question:) Apparently he's not the only one who thinks...
10
10

Toyota admits Prius had a braking problem
Toyota has received a lot of negative publicity for its sticking accelerator pedal and floormat recalls, and now brake problems with the Prius can be officially added to the list. While there were...

Prius Electrical Break Problems Announced in Japan
I was watching Japan's NHK News a while ago that had a 5-minute report on breaking problems reported over the past several months to the Ministry of Transportation. Prius, the best selling car in...
4
4

PIC: THE WOZ of APPLE says his 2010 PRIUS has SOFTWARE probs
Here's Toyota's line: its two recalls for floormats and sticking accelerator pedals should cover all potential cases of sudden unintended acceleration in its batch of recalled vehicles. Both recalls...
4
4

"No Safety Problem" -- Toyota accused of 'not being frank'
When Toyota was only selling hundreds of thousands of vehicles in the US, it was much easier to control built quality. The reality of the fact that ALL manufactured products will ALWAYS have and...
5
5

Battery Longevity
I have a 2001 ( 1st model sold in the USA ) with about 50K miles. The only problems I've had were wheel rim corrosion and one 12 v battery replaced. Any idea what to expect re the HV traction battery?...

What I learnt from charging my Prius
0. Some people in the newsgroups write things they don't have a clue about. 1. The Prius batteries are somehow interconnected. When I forgot to switch off the light, *both* were discharged. 2. It is...
92
92

Starting Problem
I started my 2010 at -24F last night. It shook violently with the engine making a chug-chug sound, sort of like an old John Deere one-lung tractor. I'm thinking it was running on two cylinders. After...
7
7