AM radio reception:

I have a 2004 Prius and the AM radio reception seems to be getting worse. It was never great but now it varies from statically acceptable to unlistenable. At first I thought it might be due to cell phone tower or other interferences, but after talking to a friend with 2007 Prius who has no problem, I think it may be a problem with my car. Has anyone heard or have a similar problem?

Thanks EC

Reply to
EC

Believe it or not, you could be very lucky simply by installing a ground wire between the radio and chassis ground.

It's easy to get the radio out; simply find a convenient screw, and find a screw on the chassis somewhere--seat screw, or something--and run a wire between the two.

This solved the problem for me in a Civic I owned.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty