fm transmitter tips:

I want to use a fm transmitter with my mp3 player in my 2004. Are there any tips that I may find useful ? Positioning the transmitter etc.

Also I've read of people putting in an input jack by themselves but I'm not that adventurous, anyone know what a dealer might charge?

Thanks,

EC

Reply to
EC

Mine just plugs into the auxillary outlet. Done.

Reply to
OscartheGrouch

Is there an auxillary outlet on the 2004 Prius JVC stereo - if so, where?

Reply to
dnorton

I have the standard radio and do not have an input jack.

Reply to
EC

The aux-in plug is not standard on the Prius. On most 2006 Prius option packages, there is an aux-in plug available with the factory radio (I think it's in the center console). For other Prius (such as your 2004), it requires quite a bit of modifications.

Reply to
mrv