How to charge the battery?

The 2010 also has a stick that holds the hood up. It's easier to find and deploy than the stick on my 2005. I used the manual to find the positive charge point (where the positive lead from your charger connects) and clamped the negative lead from the charger onto some nearby metal. Under the circumstances I suppose I should mention that by convention red is positive and black is negative.

Reply to
Al Falfa

Glad to help.

Based on this thread, it's clear some people should not be permitted to own a hybrid. And perhaps anything mechanical or electronic...

Reply to
News

As I underestand, Toyota built a Prius which was sold only in the Far East back in the '90s. The next version was sold both there and in the US--hence the Gen 2.Gen 3 confusion.

Better to use the year.

Reply to
Peter Granzeau

Better still to use the model number.

97-00 Japan only is NHW10 01-03 is NHW11 04-09 is NHW20 10-?? is ZVW30
Reply to
Daniel who wants to know

So, then, the 2010 is generation 30.

Wow, a lot of generations don't make it market!

Reply to
Al Falfa

I think the decimal doesn't make it into the model number. Thus, ZVW30 is version 3.0, right?

Reply to
Peter Granzeau

Perhaps, but then what about generation 1.1?

Reply to
Al Falfa

Jeez, c'mon, guys, play nice. Nobody was born knowing this stuff.

urod, you should always lock the car when you leave it. If you have left the lights on or a door ajar the car will give a long warning beep.

For infinite details about the Prius see

richard schumacher