Low side service port

I'm trying to recharge the AC in my '04 Prius, but I can't find the low side service port. There's a 1PSI max port evaporator service port, but 1PSI sounds to low, then there's what looks like a service port with an H on it, but that doesn't seem right.

Reply to
rroden

I have to ask - are you a pro? I was pretty good at recharging R-12 systems, but R-134a systems are a whole different ball game. I tried once on my son's '94 Acura, slowly charging and waiting for the cycling to settle down, the pressures to get in the ballpark and the outlet temperature to drop, but somehow I went right through proper charge without it ever working right. All it needed was an evacuation and correct charge by weight to get it going. If I understand right, the condensor doesn't cool down if you try to do it the way I did; it just overheats.

Why does it need service this soon, and did you get the leak fixed?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee