No waiting list?

Some are say there a waiting list and some say they test drive and then drive off with there own two housrs later. What the story?

Reply to
Go 4 the fly

Different demand in different areas of the country. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

I'm willing to bet also that the instant gratification buyers may be paying above MSRP.

Reply to
Bill McCalla

There have been quite a few dealers offering Priuses on the mailing lists for MSRP. Very few of them have package 9, though. There have been people saying that they've bought these vehicles for MSRP after reading the offers.

I bought mine for MSRP after a 2 1/2 month wait.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

The Toyota of Orange here in Orange COunty bought the bowling alley across the street, and they use the hundreds of parking spaces as a storage lot for their vehicles. Like if you want a SUV, no problem, the parking lot's _always_ full of them. A few years ago my co-worker went over and bought a Highlander from them, and after 50k miles, she went back over and bought another, then her husband went over and bought a Tundra truck. Of course, no waiting.

Another guy at work waited four month to get his Prius a few years ago, then waited 6 months to get his '04 Prius this year. I'd say that he's happy with them, since he bought another one. ;-)

Why he got the GPS map thingy for $1500 on his second one I'll never know. He said he only used it a few times on his first one!

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

In July 2002, was told there was a 3 month waiting period. I searched the area and found one I could drive home that day in the color I wanted. In the San Francisco bay area there is a lot of choice within a two hour drive.

Reply to
dbs__usenet

"Go 4 the fly" wrote: > Some are say there a waiting list and some say they test drive > and then > drive off with there own two housrs later. What the story?

It just depends on the location,the dealership, and if your flexible on package and color.

We currently have 2 available, but another dealership about 30min still has a waiting list. You definitely have to surf the net and call around to see whats available in your area or another state.

Reply to
Smartin