OT Mutiple choice

After a rain has tapered off when are you more likely to shut the wipers off : When you hear rubber rubbing against dry glass? When you notice nobody else has their wipers on? When your left elbow feels dry? When there's no more big puddles? When you read the sign that says Turn Your Wipers Off? When you look off into the distance and another big storm is heading your way? Other: Please explain.

Reply to
mark digital

Rain-X.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob Wilson

I use rain-x. Rarely turn the wipers on but when I do, I turn them off the next day when I start my car and notice they are on.

Reply to
Bill

Other. It hasn't rained since I bought my Prius. On my Avalon Limited the "Auto" function works so reliably that we have /never/ had to turn the wipers on or off.

Incidentally, Maryland says "If the wipers are on, the headlights must be on." I like it, though not everyone obeys. The other day I saw (entirely by luck, and at the last minute before proceeding from a stop sign) a black Mercedes SUV approaching an intersection in near darkness and in rain with no lights on. Ask the driver and he/she will say "I don't need the lights. I can see just fine." IDIOT! What about other people seeing your stealthmobile!? Do other states require this?

Davoud

Reply to
Davoud

Yes, quite a few. The ones I know for sure are New York, California, and Georgia, and I think I remember Virginia, too. Oh yeah, it's also law here in Florida, but it's gotten almost no publicity and, apparently, only twelve of us know about it.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

So does California; they passed that rule about a year ago.

-- Michelle

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Thanks - I didn't know that!