Pricing 2k$ over MSRP according to Edmunds TMV?

Edmunds.com shows a 'TMV' (actual market price) of $2000 over MSRP ($5000 over invoice) for a 2006 Prius with NL option package (GPS +
SmartKey), does this sound right?
One dealer in N. Calif told me there is a 6 month waiting list of 150 customers, but had 3 on his lot he could let me have right away if I wanted to pay $3k for the dealer add-on paint protection and theft protection.
I kind of wonder if the waiting list story is just a come-on?

Argue with him on the $3K. I got mine down to $500 over MSRP and I may have gotten him down to MSRP had I not gotten tired of arguing the price at midnight. I hate buying cars!
With gas prices coming down, he'd be stupid not to jump at your offer now.
B~

If he really does have 150 customers on a waiting list, why isn't he selling those three cars to them?

That's what ya call "logic!"
Mike
When I got mine this summer, I had to wait two weeks for delivery, paid retail, walk away from this dealer, it's a buyers market, find a deal you are comfortable with, enjoy the hunt, make the dealer deal

I paid MSRP for my 2004 and my 2006, both purchased in San Diego. I got my 2004 in two weeks (because someone else backed out of the deal). My 2006 took a month but only because I didn't want to take delivery until January 1. You should be able to do better than $2000 over MSRP.
Kari

Site Timeline