PRIUS wins Drive People's Choice Award 2009

Not if Corollas are $20K and Priuses are $40K.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Are you a dill or something? exchange rate has nothing to do with final prices. ever heard of tax?

Reply to
F Murtz

Toyota thinks they can milk a few extra dollars out of us and put it down to the limited market here and after all, it has more to do with the exchange rate between the au dollar and the yen that it does to the greenback. You also have to remember that car dealers don't generally put prices down if the exchange rate changes over night, more money in their pockets and all that, by the same token they generally don't raise the prices if it falls the other way. Generally they set a middle ground price and wear any short term losses and might make a mid year adjustment to the price if it falls to far one way. They also price the cars at what the market will bear. and last time I checked(this morning) the aussie dollar was 92 cents to the US dollar and still climbing. so how is the greenback comparing internationally at the moment :-)

Reply to
Atheist Chaplain

Real shame it looks and sounds like something that would shave pubes.

Al

Reply to
Albm&ctd

Did your best friends all die in Auschwitz? Does someone need a hug?

Al

Reply to
Albm&ctd

The fact that the Corolla that's $13K here is $20K there was the tipoff.

But then, math isn't your strong suit. Actually, nothing is.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

That's funny. Toyota knows you're idiots, then?

I sense that you're jealous that you can't afford a Prius.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Big time :)

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

My grandfather did.

He got pissed on duty one night and fell out of the guard tower :)

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Boy, you can smell that irony for miles :)

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Not quite. Toyota knows that anyone who buys a Prius is an idiot, regardless of how much they pay for it.

ROTFL :)

I sense that you're a cardigan wearing f****it with a comb-over who will resort to any kind of ridiculous twaddle in order to make his over-priced blender look remotely interesting and desirable. There's a few cars I'd love to own and would happily do so if I didn't have to spend money on family, houses and whatnot, and I can assure you with all the sincerity that I can muster that a Prius of any kind ain't on that short-list.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Well, he did when he killed about 5000 Kurds with poison gas. He just didn't have any when the yanks went marching through.

When Barrack Obama actually does something to *earn* his Nobel prize I suppose. Other than having black testicles I mean.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Jeez, if you had to pick a part of you that you'd *want* to be black, it'd be in the toilet area :)

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

What a sad story. If only he had used his head to break his fall.

Al

Reply to
Albm&ctd

shit, I feel left out, Elmo the nasty shag is ignoring me, maybe he doesn't understand the big words I use when I reply or he doesn't have an answer :-) but then we all know your the fun one to be around, after all, you have such a way with words............ maybe we should call him PrickOfAn Elmo

Reply to
Atheist Chaplain

Are you surprised?

I'm not into sugar coating, but then I'd guess Ray Charles could see that :)

He thinks a Prius is a mid sized car. He's definitely not playing with a full deck.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Particularly in the US where a Landcruiser is a mid sized car.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Lol :)

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

"Sod off?" That is a pomme expression, not used in OZ or the US AFAIK.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James