PRIUS wins Drive People's Choice Award 2009

"Sod off", while originally a UK expression is used *plenty* in Australia IME.

I love the thread drift from electric cars to software testing, too.

Reply to
Andy

Indeed he did.

It sure is.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

In my best Maxwell Smart voice. So THAT'S why nobody responds when I say, begone infidel.

Al

Reply to
Albm&ctd

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@nothing.attdns.com...

You forgot to add another insult!

This is a silly discussion. Small or big depends on your frame of reference.

My Prius is just the right size for me.

Reply to
PoulS

It depends largely on what you're comparing against, and with things like cars it's not hard to do.

Glad to hear it.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

So you would think, but if A is longer than B, but B is the taller than A, which one is bigger..? If one car has a big boot and little rear seat space, is it bigger than a car with ample rear seat space and a small boot..?

You may consider the Prius to be a small car, but it certainly has a lot more room inside than the new Mercedes E-class Coupe than I recently sampled.

Reply to
PoulS

It's somewhat easier than that.

If you look at *all* the cars in a particular class and find that they fall within a range of size short of some minor variations, yet you have one that is clearly significantly smaller than all the rest you don't need to be Einstein to figgure out that the odd one doesn't belong in that pack.

Thank you. I do, and largely because it is......

It's got more room than a few cars in the "small" class, but that doesn't automatically qualify it as a "mid sized vehicle".

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Yet, compared to what most italians drive, it's quite large. The comparison that make you consider it small, is not relevant to most people on the internet.

Reply to
PoulS

Compared to what most Albanians drive it's powered by an engine and not a donkey. How is either of those two examples relevant?

Did you conduct a genuine arms length survey to find that out, or have you just decided to assume that what works for you works for everyone else?

Size is relative. Compared to an original Fiat Bambino the Prius is enormous and compared to a Camry it's small. Compared to a Corolla there's such an insignificant difference between them you could be forgiven for thinking they were both built on the same platform. However, to label the Prius "mid sized" makes every other genuine mid sized car look like a 1972 Cadillac by comparison.

If it works for you that's fine, but please don't assume that the rest of the world thinks like you do.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

You don't get it, Paul. Noddy is an Aussie jingoist who hates the USA and doesn't give a shit about the rest of the world.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

De nada.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

By jingo, we didn't know that! We thought it were da Ruskies. ;-)

Reply to
Feral

Uh-huh :)

You do that, and when you've finished go back and look at the rest of the physical specs of the cars, and in particular the interior dimensions.

I'm not in Europe, and couldn't care less what they sell over there.

Just because the Prius is one of the largest cars Toyota offers in your particular part of the world doesn't mean it's a *large* car. Here the Prius is considerably smaller than the Camry, and so much so that no one but a complete idiot could consider them to be in the same size class.

Maybe in your world mate.

I think the Camry is considered mid sized in just about every market it's sold in.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

I don't hate the USA. I just hate f****it Americans like you :)

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

I really don't think you do, but you just keep playing along with your f****it American friend there. Between the two of you you should be able to rustle up enough brains to open a packet of Wizz Fizz and work out what to do with the contents.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Uh-huh....

That's why you have to limit your comparisons to what the Italians drive, right?

Australia's, America's, Japans, New Zealands, South America's, the UK. Yeah, you're right. It's pretty limited.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy