Save While Coasting

When we say the gasoline engine shuts off when we stop we're actually doing the uninformed a disservice. Traveling at 35 mph on level ground, my Prius will coast for at least 500 ft without the engine running or the electric motor providing forward momentum. If I let up on the accelerator too prematurely to make it to my stop then I'll press down lightly so only the electric motor brings me there.

mark_

Reply to
mark digital