wipers wont work properly

can anyone help my wipers on an astra cdti year 01 wont work when on intermittent wipe they go half way across screen stay for about ten seconds and then return to the bonnet there is no pattern to there movement so they are not sticking at a certain point also e when in normal wiping mode they work fine at all three speeds but stay half way on screen when i turn them off can anyone give me some advise thanks

Reply to
rafa

Best piece of advice I`ve got for you is......

Use full stops. That`s got to be one of the longest sentences I`ve ever read! :-)

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

.I.Used .Enough .Fullstops .In .This .Sentance.......

Reply to
rafa

.Have .I.Used .Enough .Fullstops .In .This .Sentence.......

Reply to
rafa

You're ellipsis is twice as long and more than it should be...

Reply to
Billy H

the permanent live feed to the wipers has failed or the park switch in the wiper motor has failed

Reply to
mrcheerful

.Have .I.Used .Enough .Fullstops .In .This .Sentance.......

Fuck off, prick.

Reply to
David Taylor

All these grammar lessons wont fix my wipers

Reply to
rafa

The message from "rafa" contains these words:

Neither will the inability to take a bit of teasing from someone from whom you are asking a favour.

Reply to
Guy King

.Have .I.Used .Enough .Fullstops .In .This .Sentance.......

So so Sad

Reply to
rafa

Damn prossi ;)

Reply to
David R

The point was that it makes it difficult to read. You`re asking people to read your post and help you by answering it - if they have to work to understand what you`re talking about, why are they likely to bother helping you? Do you write like that when you apply for a job? Would you write like that in an email to your boss? If not, then why do it here?

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

No, but they might teach you that if you want to communicate through the medium of written text, you'll get a lot more sympathetic and helpful replies if you actually try to make your message easy to read!

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Sadly, he probably does.

I'm always amazed by the emails I receive.

The original post wasn't anywhere near as bad as some I've had.

Reply to
SteveH

I don`t expect perfect grammar (I don`t get it perfect), but following the very basic rules would deffinately help. I don`t know why anyone thinks that posting a 5000 word message without any punctuation will get them anything other than abuse :-)

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

thank mrcheerful do you know which relay is for the wipers? or where the life feed comes from before it gets to the wipermotor?

Reply to
bongo

If you want to get this involved in car maintenance, you really should buy yourself a Haynes manual for your particular car.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Definitely - 'finite'.

Reply to
David R

the fault is not likely to be with the relay. locate the wiring to the wipers, with the ignition on and the wipers off check whether one of the wires is live as it should be, if it isn't check why, if it is live then the wiper motor needs to come apart or be replaced.

Reply to
mrcheerful

i got fed up with haynes a few years ago as most of the time they tell you to take it to a dealer.

Reply to
bongo