820 Vit- Electrics problem - windows, seat & sunroof

Hi all,

My 820 vitesse has developed what I seem to found out a common fault (nobody has told me how to fix it of course).

All windows and sunroof either don't work or come down only, then to bring em back up this can be done via the keyfob.

My suspicion is that's its the window ECU under the passenger seat.

Its a 820 vitesse sport-lux p plate, car has done 128k engine 69k (second engine if u had'nt guessed) problem started before the engine change and still occurs with either window ecu that i have. both could be broke i suppose but it could be something else???

Has anyone else had this trouble and solved it?

I wanna get it fix before summer as i will no doubt cook in the car :)

Thanks for any help supplied.

Oz.

Reply to
Oz

I had the same trouble when I bought my Sterling - the previous owner said it was the driver's switch pack. Anyway, they replaced the unit with one from a scrapyard and it seemed to cure the fault so it might be worth trying...

Darren

Reply to
keith jarvis