Airbag

Does anyone know if you can disarm the passenger airbag in a Rover 75?

Reply to
Joe Bloggs

why would you want to do that?........... perhaps crash into a tree with the mother-in-law besides you ???? lol

Reply to
steve

Now there's a thought.... ;-)

No, it's so I can put a baby seat in the front passenger seat.

Reply to
Joe Bloggs

In message Does anyone know if you can disarm the passenger airbag in a Rover 75?

-- Is this to do with the SRS lamp being on continuously?

And the cost of replacing the unused airbag at a cost of £640 plus VAT?

See items in this news group earlier this year.

Has anyone tried to pull out the airbag fuse? Not covered in the above.

(No.22, 10amp, on the 1997 Rover 825)

Quote from handbook - DO NOT REMOVE THIS FUSE

Also: Recommended to replace air bags (£1280) every 10 years even if not used.

No reason given. Frank M. Taylor, Nottingham, UK.

Reply to
Frank M. Taylor

Why would you want to do that? Much safer for the baby in the rear. We have a 75 tourer and a ZT-T and in both cars the baby seat and the baby of course (grin) sits in the back. AFAIK you cannot disarm the passenger airbag, especially without the Powerbook, as it is integral with the electrics.

Reply to
Alan

Its to do with legislation. Components used in the air bag, gasses, rubbers etc.. do not have an infinite life, so the European legislation is the replacement every ten years. If you do not replace and have an accident, I would imagine that the insurance companies might take the view that you had invalidated your insurance, like not having a valid MOT

Reply to
Alan

Erm, it's a wild guess but I suspect it's more likely to be to do with wanting to disarm the passenger airbag.

See the post you replied to (read it this time).

Reply to
Lordy

No, afaik.

Reply to