Drip from pass side heater

I'm dripping water on my wife's feet as we turn right! It doesn't smell of A/F and looks clear. Car bought used about two years ago - suspect it had little on no A/F in it. I left it out ONE night in frosty weather, and since then has required frequent topping up.

What's the damage (in both senses) likely to be?

Thanks for any help - or, preferably, reassurance!

Reply to
David

Might be able to help more if you mentioned what car you had:-) Drip into footwell is almost certainly blocked drains below the windscreen, doubless full of leaves and similar, the water is pooling there and finds its way in when you corner. Have a good root round, make sure you find all the drainways and that everything is completely clear. The coolant leak is potentially more serious, one frost without anti-freeze is all it takes for things to get broken. Most often it's the radiator (it's most exposed,) so I'd check it over carefully for leaks, you're looking for traces of anti-freeze residue (like a white powder) where the leak is.

Reply to
Bob Davis

White powder ? It leaves bright green staining.

Reply to
Nom

Depends when and where you see it - and what colour it was to start with. Once all the liquid has drained off and evaporated, you can normally see the residue of the silicate/phosphate anticorrosion package. It might show some of the dye, so might be blue, red or fluorescent, but I've only ever seen it as white.

Reply to
Bob Davis

Sorry about the omission (anyway, I thought you guys were all psychic!) it's a L-reg 620si.

David

Reply to
David

I've only ever seen it as green :)