drivers mirror

due to neds my exterior mirror on my 05 rover 25 has been kicked off ( hanging by what appears to be three adjusting cables ) has anyone took this apart or know how to strip it down i'm pretty handy but don't want to tackle this without checking if there are any hidden catches or clips . does the interior door trim have to be removed for access the the fixing points for e.g. any help will be much appreciated

Reply to
notahope

You don't happen to live in Ayrshire do you? The fixings for the mirror should be under the cover at the remote adjuster if it is a manually operated mirror. It's unlikely you'll get it fixed. Try scrapyards for crashed models like yours and also some of the body panel shops which also sell headlights and mirrors.

Reply to
gazzafield

cheers m8 thought that might be the case well now i know how i will be spending my weekend plenty of scrappies here in glasgow at least there used to be

"gazzafield" wrote in message news:3ZidneSd4KRJ snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

Reply to
notahope

Try Paisley. Scotts Road and MacKean Street have a lot of cars of all ages. Failing that, give Kilmarnock Car Breakers a phone. He does a lot of parts off the shelf now.

Reply to
gazzafield

These might help.

gazzafield