fuel & stop start

My Rover Metro 96 has started behaving strangely.

Starts fine.

But when driving, at any time, the engine will stutter, as if its not getting fuel, do it a few times, then run fine.

The cap and rotor and plugs have been checked and are a bit old but seem not too bad.

Everything else is ok. Its never done this before.

Any suggestions?

I might replace the fuel filter, where is it?

Thanks

Reply to
Garland