Re: Rover 214 engine trouble

Just a suggestion....

i have a 200 VI and it was forever running rough plugs getting dirty etc.....i then found out that the garage that had been servicing my car ( a rover garage!) was putting in £3 plugs when the manual said to put in £40 ones....i changed them and bingo no more problems...

i know my engine is substantially different, but it could be just that....or knackered leads of course :)

Not as far as I can tell. I have had the head gasket changed at around > 45000 miles. > > > Are you losing coolant as well? If so the inlet manifold gasket could be > the > > problem, letting coolant into number four cylinder. There is a modified > > gasket, studs and nuts from rover advised to fit if this is the fault > > > I have a Rover 214i 8v P reg (97). 55.000 miles. Recently it started > to > > > run rough when idle and has lack of power when acclerating. I took it > to > > AA > > > garage who replaced the spark plugs then it seemed fine. Same prob > > occured > > > so spark plugs where changed again but then same prob occured. They > said > > > that spark plug no.4 keeps failing which could be a result of a deeper > > > problem in the engine. They advised that it would probably be cheaper > to > > > replace the engine with a reconditioned one rather than correct problems > > > that deep within the engine as the labour cost etc will be very > > expensive.? > > > I wondered if somebody could give me some advice on what I should do. > > Bear > > > in mind I am not technically minded so keep it simple as poss. cheers > > > > > > > > > > > >
Reply to
Bryn