Rover 111 GSi

Hi

I have a N reg Rover 111GSi that I am haveing problems with.

I have been advised by a garage that my throttle motor requires replacing (but not urgently) to overcome the errattic idling problem I have. Car sometimes idles VERY high, at other times is normal. However, getting hold of new parts from rover has proved difficult to say the least. Does anybody know of a good website or shop that may be of assistance? Would a scrap yard have the spares? Is replacing the throttle motor a difficult task?

Also, The heater hose that I recently fitted (less than 3 mnths ago-new part) has AGAIN split in exactly the same place (at the bleed valve). Is this indicative of a hidden problem, or have I just been unlucky? I have currently bandaged the split whilst I try to source the part AGAIN!

Thanks in advance for any help offered,

CraigMac

PS other than the above problems the car is mint! BAR the fan blower only working on the highest setting (can live with that).

Reply to
CraigMac

Uses a HONDA engine, doesnt it?

Reply to
Andy George

no

Reply to
techspeed

Uses a HONDA engine, doesnt it? No, as 'techspeed' pointed out, it uses a K-series alloy block with a SOHC

8v head

The 100 and its Metro forebearer uses the same type of MEMS-SPi as the larger K-series units (Resulting in the 214-esque high idle), thus the fixes for those will work on this car (i have heard that a good strip-down and clean with 'carb cleaner' can clear this fault). Using the Haynes manual, it dosen't 'sound' too difficult (though driving a '91 carb means I have not done this job!) If you can get to a scrappy, see if you can remove the part from the car.

That sounds like the ballast resistors near the blower motor, check the connections or go to above scrappy to replace these

a good site for metros is

check the forum for various fixes

Reply to
Y Plas

Sorry, just checked some notes, another fix is to ensure that the throttle cable is correctly adjusted

Reply to
Y Plas