200 VI alternate engine

Rover 200 VI engine swap. Does anybody know if there is a Honda swap, or another manufacture engine that will go in this car without any major modifications? I want all my accessories to work especially A/C since my car is located in the Caribbean.

Thanks.

Reply to
Cellular Dealer

What's wrong with the K-series????

Reply to
Dan Q

The k-series what?

Reply to
Cellular Dealer

It's underpowered, and very fragile.

:)

Dan Q wrote:

Reply to
Nom

What is the engine? My engine broke a timing belt and caused allot of damage to the engine. This is why I need to change it. Thought a Honda engine would be the better alternative.

Reply to
Cellular Dealer

K-Series is the engine that comes in the newer 200s - in 1.4, 1.6, and 1.8 litre capacities. The older ones come with Honda engines too, in 1.6 and 2.0 litre capacities, IIRC.

The 2.0 Turbo cars come with the T-Series engine.

Reply to
Nom

Reply to
woofer

Replacing the Rover engine with a Honda engine would not be straightforward, as the Honda engine's crankshaft turns in the opposite direction to the Rover (and almost all other) engines. Hence in Honda-engined Rovers the whole engine/transmission installation is turned through 180 degrees, using different engine mounts, different transmission case, and many other changes.

Reply to
Neil

So anybody know where I could possibly get a 2.0 Turbo engine perhaps? Please remember I'm in Trinidad & Tobago, so saying a scrap yard isn't too much help. If anybody knows a web site or a number to call that would be great :)

straightforward,

message

Reply to
Cellular Dealer

Clearly they only come from scrap yards ! An engine is not the sort of thing you can buy from your local shop !

I suppose you could probably pay a few grand for a brand new one from a Rover dealer though ?

Again, you're gonna need to replace most of the drivetrain if you want to fit the Turbo lump.

Get on Google, and find some suppliers.

Reply to
Nom

Reply to