Rover 75 CDT - Tyres

It getting close to the time I should be renewing my front tyres ... and the rear ones soon after

Any comments re value for money, performance and wear rate, road noise, comfort etc will be gratefully received

Size is 205/65 15 94v

I've got quotes ranging from Federal at £45.17 to Michelin at £87.47

Regards and TIA

Reply to
Jim Lad

My car had Dunlops fitted by the manufacturer. The fronts wore out at 14,000 miles. The replacement Michelins are still going strong at 28,000. I think they were worth the extra.

Ken

2003 75 CDTi Auto 1981 TR7 DHC 1974 Stag auto
Reply to
Ken Forrest

In my 2001 vehicle my factory-fitted Pirelli 6000s are still going strong at

21 000 miles.

Different tyres are supposed to give you different rides and I have never gone through the bother of changing a set of tyres on the same car just to make a side-by-side comparison.

The biggest issue for me is the noise generated by the road surface. Sometimes when the surface changes on motorways the difference can be stunning.

In other NGs I have seen a variety of tyres praised, incl Michelins, which have long had a reputation for longevity, and which I use on our older car.

With tyres I think the adage about getting what you pay for applies to a great extent. And your life depends on them...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

My 75 Conn. SE HiLine (2.5 auto) has just completed 108,000 miles from new and I have just had the 5th set of Dunlop SP Sport 3000's on its 17" Meteor alloys. I tell a lie - the latest set are Dunlop SP Sport 9000's, which are the replacement for the SP 3000 which is no longer made in 17" size.

I make that almost 27,000 miles per set.

Steve.

Reply to
BTConnect

Reply to
steven.g

I found the Dunlops rode well, were grippy but wore out quickish. Continentals were a good all round performer but the best tyre I fund for all round performance was the cheap Firestone Centaurs which rode wel and lasted ages.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

Dori,

Have you considered joining the Rover 75 Group on Yahoo groups. There has been much debate about tyre issues on there. Go to my site

and you'll find a link through to the group. Andy J.

Reply to
Andy J.

I like the pic on your site showing petrol prices...

Good thing I don't do many miles a year, maybe 5000. Of course, being in London I also have to contend with Ken Livingstone's private transport tax. I am not in the Zone now but will be when it gets extended. GGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Oh, that came from the BBC. It's a local petrol station to me in South-Wales, the first in the UK to go over £1/litre. If you clicked on the picture you'd go to the BBC report about fuel protests......again.

Andy J.

Reply to
Andy J.