Rover door

I have a problem with my rover 75 rear door...When I unlock the doors, the catch pops up, but I'm unable to open the door from outside. I could open it from the latch inside, but now thats stopped and the door is now fully closed, seemingly forever! Does anyone know how to fix this problem... Its becoming a pain to keep letting the passengers into the car from the passenger rear door.... Can anyone help me on how I open and fix this problem??

Reply to
SpiritUK

Looks like another case of:

Common fault and not a good thing to happen if the child locks are used!

Easy to fix but it involves pulling the door cards off and removing the lock, a bit fiddly

You can then pack the mechanism with something appropriate to stop the bell crank overshooting and binding up which is what has happened to yours

Get the Rave CD from ebay full details and pictures on there, although it also suggests replacing the latch as well, not necessary in my opinion

Prickle wrote:

Dating back to January 2006 in this NG

Reply to
Me