rover75CDT lights

my 75CDT is 4 years old, and has already blown approx 20 headlight bulbs. I keep replacing and all is otherwise well, until ta few days ago the lights warning light lit in the dash. All the exterior lights are ok...no blown bulbs...all work OK.!!

any thoughts?

thanks

Pj

Reply to
PjL

Have a look at your tail lights. They may both be on, but is it the same bulb on both sides?

My wife had this problem on her 75 (an older model but what was then top of the range). She had a bulb failure warning on the instrument panel, but with no immediately apparent problem. What seemed to have happened is that the normal tail light bulb on one side had blown, and some intelligence in the car used another bulb to take over. When I replaced the blown bulb the tail light used that bulb, and not the stand-by bulb.

Reply to
Bernard Foot

that has happened before, but at the moment all the bulbs are working (all around the car), but the warning light is on.

pj

Reply to
PjL

hey Bernard ..... u are a gem.....

thinking about your comment that the car caused another bulb to take over ..... BOTH tail lights had blown causing the rear fog lights to take over ..... 2 bulbs replaced and warning light off .

many many thanks

pj

Reply to
PjL

PJ, The 75 seems to have a problem with headlight bulbs blowing if you start the engine with the lights on. It's all to do with power surges. Try starting the car before you switch on the lights, you should find your headlight bulbs last longer.

Andy Jenkins,

Andy J.

Correct the 75 detects a tail lamp filament failure and substitutes with the stop lamp filament until you get it changed

K.

Bernard Foot wrote:

Reply to
Keith

I was going to same the same thing Andy but I can't remember where I read it

K.

Andy J. wrote:

Reply to
Keith