brake lights on 2000 LS2

I have a 2000 LS 2, and the brake lights keep going out. (the center windshield light is ok) The bulbs are never blown it seem to be either the sockets or something else. the car is now out of warranty, but it was in 4 times while under warranty and they replaced both sockets and fixed a ground that was bad, but they still go out one at a time. Any ideas? thanks in advance bob

Reply to
bob jackson

A hush fell over the crowd when, "bob jackson" stepped up to the podium and announced:

we had the same problem on our 02 LS2 but fortunately it was replaced under warranty. The fix was to completely replace the interior light assembly on both sides. (not just the light bulbs and sockets but the lens assembly).

Apparently, the original ones have a design flaw that loosens the bulb from the tail light assembly. The replacement has a different, more secure design. Maybe your dealer will work with you on this.

Reply to
01fxdwg