Wanted: Header tank for a 1991 Rover 827 Sli

Hi All,

A mate is looking for a header tank for a 1991 Rover 827 Sli as the plastic pipe that goes into the (plastic) tank has broken off?

He also added "Rover won't supply the tank without also supplying the float sender as well and want £80 + VAT" (nice)

Any ideas please oh learned folks of the list? Is this a 'common' problem?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

speak to rover again, i am not 100% sure, but i think i replaced just the header tank last year on one of these and dont recall it being anywhere as near as much. i dont remember supplying it with the level sender unit either. the level sender unit unscrews from the unit anyway.... failing that, there must be dozens of these in scrapyards now, most of them with worn out engines probably.

Reply to
steve

By header tank I take it you mean coolent expansion tank ?

if so price is £36.38 +vat

Reply to
BTnews

[T] Thanks for that Steve .. I've passed that back to him ..

Cheers ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

[T] Hi fella,

Hmm, that sounds more reasonable and is that the 'retail' price (we should be able to get 'trade' on that) ?

Saves me turning a replacement tube in the lathe for him ;-)

All the best and thanks .. I'll pass your info back ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Is it the same as a 94 Vitesse (2.0l turbo)? if so I have one sitting in my kitchen if you want it?

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Cater

[T] Hi Andrew,

Not sure if it is or not .. I'll send you a pic of the one out of his Rover ..

In the meantime I turned and hollowed a brass bolt in the lathe and he now has the repaired tank back in and working?

It would seem the ally tube that should support the plastic outlet in the header tank (sits inside the tube) had slid out slightly, leaving the plastic nozzle vunerable?

All the best ...

T i m

Reply to
T i m