Rover 114 sli auto

Hi I have just got one of the above and am a little concerned about the gear change. It seems to be a bit jerky on changing down. Is this normal for this car ?

Thanks.

Reply to
John Allen

My mothers had two these (bless her) and they've been great little cars to drive, nippy away from the lights and 40mpg on the motorway. I've always found them to be really smooth at changing gear, maybe changing up there's a small jerk but nowhere like a non CVT box. Check the gear oil level with the engine running at normal temp on level ground. I've heard when they go wrong these boxes can be pricy.

--Steve

Reply to
Tunafish