wich rover

Hallo,

after an car-accident I need an new car and I think the Rover75 ist a beautiful car, but the choice isn't very easy.

Which engine should ein choose, wich version ist the best when I'm looking for a motor with power wich needs not very much fuel.

Thanks for answers. :-)

Martin.

Reply to
Martin Leinfelder

Buy the 75 CDTi which has an engine made in Bavaria.

My 75 is an automatische ( 5-speed) and is comfortable and economical. It has quite good performance too.

Don't buy either of the Turbo or non-turbo 1.8 petrol engined models.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Forrest

Hallo Ken.

Made at home, that's fine. :-)

Do you mean the CDTi 2.0 with 85kW? The cars I've found have 1.5t and 2t of weight. What's the different between these cars?

Thanks for your answers.

Ciao, Martin.

Reply to
Martin Leinfelder

IIRC BMW diesels fitted to the Rover 75 and Land Rovers are actually made in Hams Hall, Birmingham, UK, not Bavaria.

The 1.8 petrol is an adequate engine for the relaxed style of the 75.

Reply to
Minty

Beg your pardon, but I thought that Hams Hall only made petrol engines?

suggests this? As doesBMW's own website on
? My brother-in-law's 18 month old 1.8 turbo (petrol) has recently blown it's second head gasket at 20,000 miles and now he has no warranty. The diesel is, I fear, a safer bet?

ken

Reply to
Ken Forrest