1985 T16 - follow up on hood, etc.

I picked up the 1985 900 T16 last week, and it runs like a top. I got instructions from saabnet bb on swapping the hood, which is hanging on by one side of the hinge/bracket. Other than that, which sounds like a fairly simple DIY project once I find a new hood, the car is in good shape. There's a 10cm by 3cm piece of sheet metal missing from the right rear fender lip, but the undercarriage is solid. I plan to cure the cancer as soon as possible.

Anyway, here's a shot of the car (top two on the Web page):

Nice to have a turbo for a change!

-jw

Reply to
jw

I've just recently bought myself a 1982 build 8V turbo C900 so I'm entering into the turbo arena as well. A nice non-APC car which should give me a chance to really test how engine tweaking affects performance without the hampering effect of APC. I don't intend to run the car on anything other than Optimax or equivalent from the other fuel companies.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

I'm note sure if this car has the original turbo. The entire engine could use a good cleaning, but it was well cared for over its most recent years. Apparantly it was owned by an elderly lady, which is sort of a funny image.

Amazing how well such an old car with such high mileage can perform.

-jw

Reply to
jw