1992 saab conv 2.1

I Am Having trouble adjusting the linkage that controls the shifting on my automatic tran. I know the where and how to adjust but I cant seem to get it so it doesnt slip in first gear when cold. Once it warms 5miles or so it shifts flawless until next morning. There is also a plastic screw next to the linkage with a spring going into the firewall I think this all started when I tuened that plastic screw. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks papa gene

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

Slippage in first gear when cold is usually caused by low fluid level, the oil pan on the classic 900 is very shallow so even a shortfall of 1/2 a litre can cause the problem. As the fluid warms it expands and so brings up the fluid level. Check the level with the engine running and the "shifter" in park, and use the side of the dipstick depending on wether hot or cold. HTH, Tom, Saabtech.

Reply to
Tom