1995 900 Turbo gearbox troubles...

Hi,

I just got a 1995 900 Turbo, but there is a problem with the gearbox, there seems to be a lot of movement in the gearstick when accelerating, and sometimes it will pop out of third gear because of this. Also, it is sometimes difficult to get into reverse.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Mike (MixMan X)

Your symptoms sound more likly to be a simple gear linkage adjustment problem. Not a difficult adjustment for a DIY job.

BL

Reply to
BL

Thanks for the info, I think I'll have to buy (yet another) Haynes workshop manual and have a fiddle.

Mike

Reply to
Mike (MixMan X)

If you're in the USA, you will have some difficulty ordering that manual. Try

If you don't know when the upper idler pulley and serpentine belt were replaced, you should replace them. Another DIY job.

Reply to
Bob

Thanks, I am in the UK and the manual is readily available I believe.

Mike

Reply to
Mike (MixMan X)