2000 9-3: Quick questions re replacing electric mirror switch

Hello I hope someone can offer me some advice - I'm not that mechanically minded:

  • How do you take off the inner plastic cover to access the mechanisms?

  • can I simply unplug the old switch and plug in the new switch, or do I need to disconnect the battery first?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Martin