2004 9-3 Aero - Wax On Moulding : How To Clean?

Good day,

I have a 2004 9-3 Aero (Black) that, when I last waxed, has some "greying" residue spots on the black hard plastic/rubber trim on the rear bumper. I have tried car wash soap, "Back To Black", and a few other cleansers and cannot seem to get rid of the discolouration.

2 questions...

1) Has anyone else had this problem and how did you get rid of the spots.

2) Has anyone ever thought of (or has) painted this trim to match the colour of the vehicle? I always thought is might look good if all of molding on the cars were coulor keyed. If you have done/see this, please post a link to some pics.

Thanks in advance, Tony C

Reply to
Tony C

Just try some peanut butter ...

"Tony C" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
mike9000

Would that be smooth or crunchy??

Reply to
Nasty Bob

news:2VIif.17306$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

;-)

Greetings from Scotland

Reply to
Nasty Bob

"Nasty Bob" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2VIif.17306$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Hi! You surely forgot to write down a " ;-) ", didn't you?

I think that a creamy product will just do: as it's not an abrasive job to be done, but an solvent effect of the peanut oils we rely on. Regards from Upper Bavaria / Germany / Europe

Reply to
mike9000

Crunchy is the only way to eat peanut butter, so why would you have that other type around anyway?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

To polish your windows of course..

Reply to
Nasty Bob

You're an odd one, Nasty Bob.

Dave "I say that with respect and admiration, of course..." Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz