How to replace the SID (Saab Information Display) on a 9-3

A friend of mine did a write up on the SID on a 9-3 that needed to be replaced. I thought I would share it with the group here.

" I have a 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero and recently the SID started to show some missing pixels and flickering. I decided to replace it with a new one that I bought online. Here are the steps that I followed to do it:

Remove the ignition key and disconnect the negative battery terminal.

Pry out the trim around the SID with a plastic tool or a flat screwdriver wrapped in tape. Be careful not to damage the trim or scratch the dashboard.

Unplug the two connectors from the back of the SID and remove it from the dash.

Plug in the new SID and test it before installing it back into the dash. Make sure all the functions work properly and there are no error messages.

Push the new SID into place and snap in the trim around it.

Reconnect the battery terminal and start the car.

That’s it! It was a very easy and quick job that took me less than 15 minutes. The new SID looks great and works perfectly. I hope this helps anyone who has a similar problem with their SID.

"
Reply to
MummyChunk