9-7X ?

What is GM doing? The 9-7 looks nothing like a SAAB. Doesn't GM understand that people buy SAABs because they like the Nordic engineering vs American, Japanese, German?

I expect those 9-7's to sit on the lots.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

At $40k a copy? No doubt they will.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

I suspect the problem is that most people aren't buying Saabs at all, Nordic engineering or not, and GM is trying to fix that by offering "Saabs" in the form Americans seem to like (i.e. luxury SUVs). Saab lovers might buy Saabs for the engineering (and perhaps the quirks), but most buyers just don't care about that stuff.

I bet they'll do better than the 9-2x. SUVs are a lot more popular than whatever class the 9-2x falls in.

Reply to
Shane Almeida

Well, I got 2 new Saab videos. 1 is an Advertisement in the U.S. market, the other is a Promotional video that I doubt will see T.V., but I actually like it a lot!!!

Look in the 2005 section. These are the ONLY 2 videos I have online. The Ad is

8MB and the Promo is 30MB.

You need the Divx plugin to see these

It is free todownload. Then just play in Windows Media Player after installing. SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

Fred,

Well, I got 2 new Saab videos. 1 is an Advertisement in the U.S. market, the other is a Promotional video that I doubt will see T.V., but I actually like it a lot!!!

Look in the 2005 section. These are the ONLY 2 videos I have online. The Ad is

8MB and the Promo is 30MB.

You need the Divx plugin to see these

It is free todownload. Then just play in Windows Media Player after installing. SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

Dan,

Well, I got 2 new Saab videos. 1 is an Advertisement in the U.S. market, the other is a Promotional video that I doubt will see T.V., but I actually like it a lot!!!

Look in the 2005 section. These are the ONLY 2 videos I have online. The Ad is

8MB and the Promo is 30MB.

You need the Divx plugin to see these

It is free todownload. Then just play in Windows Media Player after installing. SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

After watching the promo videos, actually, I'd say the Saab reengineering of the Trailblazer is a far better execution than that of the 9-2x. The 9-7x shows clear Saab reworking of both the interior and exterior. The dash much more succinctly resembles the dashes of the 9-3 and 9-5. It's definitely more classy than the standard Trailblazer interior.

While they did move the key to the center console, the key itself does not appear to be like the e-key in the 9-3. I suppose that would have required a bit more re-engineering than they were budgeted.

- tex

Reply to
Tex

Tex,

So you are happy that I posted those 2 videos for you and others to watch?

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

No GM doesn't understand, they didn't with the 9-2x, they don't with the

9-7, and they didn't when they decided to shut down the Saab plant in Sweden. They bought Saab and are proceeding to run it into the ground, it comes as no surprise that they lost $1 billion and are now planning to lay off 25,000 workers.
Reply to
James Sweet

Well they were, though I've heard (thankfully) that SUV sales have been plummeting, maybe I'll have to dodge fewer of these huge beasts driven by complete idiots over the next decade.

Reply to
James Sweet

the other is a Promotional video that I doubt will see T.V., but I actually like it a lot!!!

Ok ok we get the point already.

Reply to
James Sweet

We'd be happier if you just posted the link once and stopped repeating yourself.

Reply to
James Sweet

I'm honestly not sure how to respond to this. Are you seeking affirmation/praise?

While I can no doubt say that many people here, myself included, are appreciative of your video posts (and perhaps even some of your hidden/as-yet unposted videos), there are actually a great many self-less, humble contributors here in this group. They may not be posting videos, but they do nevertheless contribute their personal time and efforts to providing helpful advice/guidance to other a.a.s users.

As Mr. Sweet implied, you're only making yourself look bad in repeating yourself and looking for praise.

- tex

Reply to
Tex

Tex,

Sorry about that.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

I wonder how complete idiots can spare £40k on a car.

Reply to
John Hudson

If you drive 20,000 miles a year at the proposed road charge £1.34/mile, then the cost of purchasing the car becomes comparatively insignificant ;-0

Reply to
Johannes

Lol. well here in Australia you're talking A$50k plus for low-end luxury SUV's (from cheap-end makers!), and if you want to go all the way, it's not hard to get a price tag of A$100k and up for stuff like top end SUV's and AUV's.

Even 'soccer mum' toy 4wd's and suv's have high asking prices but I think a lot of that is the fairly high customs and other import-related costs. I'd like to see what it costs to import a Saab to Australia before Australian customs charges and other tariff's, etc. are added along with the wholesaler and retailer's markups.

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

Quite a few idiots are in posession of large amounts of money, they're the most dangerous type. They come into it through chance, inheritence and marriage, there's also people who while they may not be idiots, certainly appear to be trying to show they are through the way they drive.

Reply to
James Sweet

What is a road charge and where??

Interesting..interesting indeed

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

I think it's a foolish idea. Roads are public investment, and like any machinery should be optimally used.

Reply to
Johannes