2008 SAAB 9-3 SportCombi

... Anyone not seen it yet, check out:

Personally, I think it look superb! I'm not sure how that style would fair on the 9-3SS, or the 9-5 which ought to be more sophisticated, but for a sporty combi, the look is really good - sharp, sporty, modern, youthful :)

Well done SAAB!

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

I don't mind the grille treatment. I just can't get excited about any station wagon, sport or not.

Reply to
Fred W

Bit your tongue Fred, or the auto manufacturer secret police will come remove it!

No one makes station wagons anymore, they make "combis", "hybrids", and other marketing terms!

Reply to
still me

Yeah... zactly.

Reply to
Fred W

Too much chrome.

GM are cheapening Saab looks for the US market.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Nah, it's cheap an tacky.

As one poster on the above link said, Saabs are beginning to acquire a bling look. It might sell in the USA but it must be damaging European sales. How long before they get 'spinners' too ? That front end treatment is looking ever more fat and 'Caddy' too. It's lost the sharp nose it once had.

So how about a hatchback Saab once more ? Saab had the entire world market for sport executive hatchbacks in the days of the 900 and 9000. I don't want some lumpen 'sedan' or 'wagon'.

BTW, whatevert happened to the Saabillac ? Did it sink without trace ? It was certainly shockingly ugly.

" Trollhatan has slowed its production of the car down to 30 units a week. When the BLS launched the factory was producing that many cars per day. At this pace GM/Saab is on track to produce only 1,560 cars a year, a number well off any of GM's original targets. Despite the slow start, the BLS is still the best selling Cadillac in Europe so far this year. "

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

in article snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com, Eeyore at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 12/05/2007 18:22:

I think the BLS was not at all an attractive car in Europe and I guess it was too small, crap, whatever for the US market. American brands are trying to make way into the European market, with Chevrolet, Cadillac, Dodge and Chrysler quite commonplace, certainly on UK road. I think Chrysler are doing the best really - Chevrolet are crap, Cadillac are rubbish SAABs and Dodge are odd, esoteric Opel/Vauxhalls. Hardly a set of market winners :)

Now I've seen this new 2008 9-3SC in silver I've changed my mind - it looks bad. The lines do not marry up, there is a hodge-podge of styles and it just looks cobbled together. It's still not as bad as mixing honeycomb mesh with slashed grilles, but it does not look good. Sorry SAAB! It's not actually very good :(

Great car, nevertheless, so let's hope some aftermarket bodykits start to emerge.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Eh ?

I've only ever seen a couple of Caddies in *years* of motoring. Dodge ? What model do they sell here ? Oh, they have just started promoting the Caliber. Shame they can't spell it right ! In the UK it's spelt Calibre. Chevrolets are really Daewoos. That fools no-one I know.

Only Chrysler sells in any number here and they are indeed quite commonplace. Voyager, Crossfire, PT cruiser are all there but I've never seen a 300C in the flesh. Jeep sell ok. Who owns them ? Oh, that's Chrysler too.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

in article snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com, Eeyore at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 12/05/2007 20:57:

300Cs are quite commonplace up my way - certainly a 5-10 car daily regular sight. There seems to be an inordinate number of those Dodge Rams, too. I've seen a few XLRs around, but yes, Cadillac are not as popular as some of the other US brands - they seem to be in the same market as Vauxhall for most of the range.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

I have a 9-3 Sportcombi aero 2006 and I don't like that new front grid. It's horrible.

"Paul Halliday" a écrit dans le message de news: C267C312.84DF% snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk...

Reply to
Junkyard Engineer

Where's this ?

Never seen one of those either.

Or those.

I simply don't see where Cadillac appeals in the European market.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

in article snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com, Eeyore at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 13/05/2007 18:24:

Bradford, 'oop North. There are at least two stretch 300C limos, too. It might help that we have a number of American car dealerships in the city. It's more fun seeing those kind of cars on the road than the usual Ford, Vauxhall & VW.

There's a really noisy Lincoln I see a few times a week - I think it has no mufflers and the V8 just roars.

Nope. Nor me.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday