9000 Fuel consumption

That's OK... there's a lot that people do not know about NL

- we do not all use wooden shoes

- we do not all grow tulips

- we do not all live in windmills

-.....

------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '77 98 '79 96 '87 900T8

Reply to
MH

But you certainly share the English sense of humour.

I probably know more about NL than many if not most Brits having travelled round much of your country over the years; from the Europort in the west to the German border in the east, and from the Afsluitdijk in the north to the Drielandenpunt in the south.

But as a cyclist I never had any need to learn how the locals like to express their fuel consumption!! ;-)

Adrian

Reply to
SAABurger

Next time you are in the north east (Groningen) region, let me know

------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '77 98 '79 96 '87 900T8

Reply to
MH

km/big mac?

Reply to
David Taylor

OK... but you all skate on the canals in the Winter to get to work, right ?

Reply to
Bob

Will do MH.

Groningen is about the only province that I have not visited but an English friend of mine knows Groningen very well. His mother is from Groningen city, and his Oma lived there until about 1990. He is the only Englishman I know who speaks Dutch. This confuses Dutch people a lot as they can never quite determine his accent. (He was born in Essex!)

He is about to move to ........ Scotland.

Adrian

Reply to
SAABurger

[...]

No takers?

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

OK if I must. "Average" is a big word! My maths teacher threw this one at the class when I was about 13 .... so a couple of years ago now ;-) Differences won't occur if you do the calculations correctly. Sigma(distance) / Sigma(fuel) and Sigma(fuel) / Sigma(distance) Or regard them as weighted averages if you like. Adrian

Reply to
SAABurger

Once drove around in holland, I was following road signs to the beach. It was weird as there was no sea in sight at all. However, I finally came to a sign "beach" next to some stars. I ascended the stairs and there was the beach!

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

OK you're too clever. I give up.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

I was idly looking at a canal in Groningen many years ago and saw a wooden shoe floating in the water. Does that count?

Reply to
Everett M. Greene

Well it's not called the "Low Countries" for no reason is it?! :)

Reply to
David Taylor

Wrong, sorry, I use either a Sonett, a 95, a 96 or a 900, depending on the day of the week - I work 4 days/week ( for money - the other days I work on my SAABs - for fun).

------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '77 98 '79 96 '87 900T8

Reply to
MH

Dangerously back on-topic MH. We'll all get banned.

Reply to
SAABurger

Not Harry Lake by any chance?... drives a white 9000CSE automatic He is on at least two SAAB lists,

No that's not him. Harry lives in Bussum.

------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '77 98 '79 96 '87 900T8

Reply to
MH

Naah, nobody gets gratuitously banned in _this_ Saab discussion forum...

Dave "...not making a TSN reference...nope, not me..." Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

That's it Dave.You're out for making a joke about banning. We'll be canceling all your past posts and preventing future posts. Don't even _think_ about posting here again.

Reply to
Bob

Of course, cleaning up the archives in this case will be a bit more difficult, what with google and all.

Which, seriously, brings up one of the biggest reasons I prefer Usenet to the web discussion boards, regardless of topic - I know I'll be able to _FIND_ a post that I've seen in the past, as long as I can remember enough of it to explain to google what I'm looking for. If some web-board guy gets his undies in a bundle, or just gets bored with running somehting, it's off on a hard drive in some guy's closet somewhere, doing nobody any good.

Dave "Banninnation isn't what it used to be, I tells yer..." Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

That's it. You're banned. Out. Discontinued. In fact, since we can't figure out how to handle user names and password based posting here in our 1970's style BBS, we've banned all of uni-berlin.de. That's right, the entire ISP. Some of the other folks who use that ISP can complain to the ISP and when the ISP figures out how to stop you from posting here in _our_ forum while letting everyone else through, we'll let them back in. But not you, you're banned.

Bob

PS. Why are you posting through .de ?

Reply to
Bob

Oh durn.

Nuke 'em from orbit, it's the only way to be sure. Got it.

No problem, I'll just use a different posting identity. Inconvenient that mine resolves to my real name, but, ah well.

The newsserver I use gives free text-only newsfeed to people who ask nicely and play by their rules (no spam, no binaries, no control messages). They also do a fair job of filtering out lots of the spam that I see others comment on, and the server has only been unavailable to me twice in 3 years or so.

But by all means, feel free to report my bannination to my ISP ;)

Dave "Oh wait, I _am_ my ISP..." Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz