9000 won't start

My 1996 9000 CS LPT has been running trouble free all year, and has just now refused to start.

My wife drove the car in the morning, no problems. Car turns over fine but does not fire, so the battery is good. Faint petrol smell has me thinking the fuel pump is OK.

There is a faint "burnt electrical" smell so I'm thinking DI cassette. Plugs have been changed within last 10,000 km.

any other candidates? 169,000km on the clock.

cheers,

Reply to
Grand Poobah

That's it.

also check fuse box.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

From the distance on the clock, I'd say DI is most likely.

Worth a try.

Harvey

Reply to
Harvey White

Lets hope you didn't replace the spark plugs with Bosch Platnium Plus. They eat SAAB DI cassettes like a cancer.

no, stock standard plugs for me.

DI unit replaced and now all good.

cheers

Reply to