9000CS Low boost turbo...more

One thing that I was going to check was that the connection to the knock sensor was OK...can anyone tell me where the knock sensor is on a 9000 engine?

Cheers

Paul BJ

Reply to
Paul Brownjohn

trionic doers not have a knock sensor. Knock is sensed through the DI cassette. Base boost can be caused by a bad DI cassette, but consistent base boost is most probably mechanical or the BPC valve.

KeithG

Paul Brownjohn wrote:

Reply to
KeithG

The spark plugs are used for measuring the pre ignition conditions in the cylinders. An ionization current over the plugs is analyzed by the ECU and used for optimal timing and other engine parameters. something like that...

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

"Johannes H Andersen" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@sizefitter.com...

Depends on which MY we're talking about. The 1991 and 1992 CS does have DI but no Trionic, so it has a knocking-sensor. Not until MY '93 is the CS fitted with Trionic.

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

This one is a 1992 so I guess it does have a knock sensor....but where is it?

Also I have a 1991 9000S 2.3 Turbo which has sadly expired due to dead starter motor, dead clutch, two dead wheel bearings and a host of other problems. I am wondering how many of the bits (engine, turbo and other related bits) I couls steal off it to fix this and any other potential problems with this CS?

Cheers

PaulBJ

Reply to
Paul Brownjohn

"Paul Brownjohn" skrev i en meddelelse news:418603f5$ snipped-for-privacy@news.vo.lu...

You can se it here:

It's located underneath the inlet-manifold towards the cabin a little to the left, standing in front of the car.

Almost everything.

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

I understand that if the connection to the knock sensor is dud or the knock sensor itself is dud then it would cause the symptoms I have.

When I bought the car, it had the 'Biro' mod on it (a piece of tube with a hole drilled in it inserted into one of the tubes from the APC valve) this caused the turbo the blow right off the scale of the boost guage. I have now sealed the hole and now it hardly blows at all but I guess that at least means that the waste gate is opening and closing and that the waste gate actuator is likewise operating....hence my concern about the knock sensor. Presumably I can try the APC valve from 9000S and at the limit the waste gate actuator (which also definately works on the old one...so well in fact that the fuel cut-off has recently started operating)

Anybody know if the anti-knock sensor can be salvaged and re-used?

Cheers

Paul BJ

Reply to
Paul Brownjohn