9000CSE Climate Control

I set off in the morning with ACC set to 22 degrees and it warms up nicely. However, when it gets up to temperature,(I assume) it stops producing warm air, in fact it just gets steadily colder.

I have tried switching between auto and econ, to no avail.

Raising the temperature control has no effect, even if I set to HI.

Turning off the engine and restarting has no effect, but left overnight and we go back to the scenario at the top of the post...

Can somebody help? At a guess the "flap" or valve which diverts the air over the heater matrix, if that's how it works, is not functioning correctly.

Cheers

Al

9000cse :-) 900s :-¦ No C900 :-(
Reply to
Al

Try to "reset" the ACC (press [AUTO] and [] simultaniously). The LED's start to light up one by one, and the temp indicator shows "0". The whole proccess takes about 30 seconds. If a fault is detected, the temp display will show the error number (i don't know these numbers, sorry). If everything is OK, the ACC returns operational with the default settings. It worked fine for me...

Good luck!

Reply to
Rob

I've experienced a like problem w/my '88 9Kt - the CSE has a newer system, yet in principal they're likely have the same design function, i.e., the 9k's ACC is designed so that in auto, the ac compressor is always on, and the difference between heat and cold air delivered is based upon the opening/closing of a door to allow in heat. When the servo motor goes, the flap of course no longer moves automatically. There is a diagnostic procedure, but on the CSE, I've not a clue as to what it is. From memory, the code for the above situation in the early 9k's was "5C" which the factory service manual identified - again by memory - as 'reversed polarity.'

The servo >I set off in the morning with ACC set to 22 degrees and it warms up nicely.

Reply to
cs

I had similar heat conditions with my 1992 9000CD, it was the plastic level arm behind the firewall that broke, this controls the opening and closing of the heater core. Saab has a kit for it and replaced the arm. Suggest to reprogram first and then check the heater arm if still not working.

Oscar

Reply to
Oscar Johnson