900s

Hi, I have a 1995 900S with 150,000km on the clock. Ever since I've had the car it's had very annoying vibration. This is very evident when the AC is running and at other times when selecting reverse or back to drive. It seems to be associated with a drop of idle revs. I was told it was a "balance chain" problem. I have just had both the balance and timing chains, related cogs and tensioners replaced and the vibration is still there. Could it be an engine/transmission mount problem? Any ideas? Any input greatfully received.

Aub

Reply to
minerva

Is the vibration only at idle and with the transmission engaged in drive or reverse? It could be normal...

Reply to
Fred W

Have you checked the engine mounts?

Reply to
yaofeng

That was my thought too - the mounts are a known wear item.

Reply to
still me