engine mounts on 97 900 s

ello how much does it cost to have them replaced? my gearstick is wobbly when i push the accelerater and i've been told it's usually engine mounts that are the problem.

cheers

Reply to
Trastic

I have a 1995 900S, and I just replaced all the mounts a few months ago at

105,000 miles. I paid $263 at Eeuroparts.com for all three. It was the "front" mount that was actually broken; replacing them all at once seemed logical to me at the time. It was a fairly significant little project to do in the garage on axle stands, however, for a real Saab tech on a lift it should be pretty easy.

Are you sure yours are actually gone? Did this condition occur suddenly? With new mounts, the gearshift still moves quite a bit, mostly in the front to rear direction, when you push the GO pedal. My front motor mount snapped suddenly one night when I kinda side-stepped the clutch at a green light. It was VERY evident that something broke. The oil pan actually was resting on the sub-frame, resulting in lots of noise and vibration.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Reply to
Jim M