Any Problems with Ethanol??

My wife will be driving our 2000 9-5 SE (V6) down south and midwest (USA) where a lot of the gasoline is sold with 10% ethanol. Will there be any problems?

Thanks in advance.

Keith Petty

Reply to
KeithP

Much of the gasoline in Wisconsin is 10% ethanol, my 2.3L 4-cyl 9-5 has no complaints. If in doubt, check the owner's manual, but I don't think there's any reason for concern.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

nope, no problems. when they reformlated the fuel to add the ethanol, they were careful to make sure it'd be backwards compatable with old cars. generally you only need to worry if you have a real old car (50's, mabye 60's) because the ethanol will start to dissolve the rubber in the fuel lines. i've been running 10% ethanol in my '87 900 for 5 years now with no problem. just a lack of power because ethanol has less energy per volume than gasoline (your fuel milage will suffer too).

Reply to
Mike Deskevich