Any Sweds out here?

How would you say "Cat in the Hat" in Swedish ?

Reply to
still just me

still just me gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

"Katten i hatten"

Reply to
Adrian

Is the "i" pronounced as "e" as a long "I" or a short 'i'

Thanks,

Reply to
still just me

This would be correct in Danish as well, although it may sound different.

Reply to
johannes

johannes gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

'erself (half Swedish, degree in Swedish & Literature) always says that the Danes sound like they have a hot potato in their mouths. When we went across Denmark on the way to Sweden last summer, I had to agree...

Reply to
Adrian

hehe, the Swedes sounds like they're singing all the time, but you just used to the melody.

Reply to
johannes

Pronounced as "ee" as in bee.

Reply to
Johannes Andersen

Thanks

Reply to
still just me

Not exactly, but probably the closest you can get with English pronunciation. The most similar would probably if you take for instance the first "i" in "vicious" and make it long instead of short.

Reply to
th