Can I put a later computer in my 86 900S?

I have beem told that the computer in my '86 900S 5 spd, does not record any codes. This makes is really hard to diagnose issues that arrise, but are not reproducable at the shop. I have been wondering if I can put 87, or 88 computer in my 86?

Thanks

Taylor

Reply to
taylorp

There's more differences, IIRC the wiring, air mass meter, and possibly a couple sensors are different, you should however be able to swap over the entire system but I'm not sure how hard that'd be, some research would be required.

Reply to
James Sweet