Can't decide whether I like this Ebay car or not

Is this a tasteful update and modification of a C900, or have the Chavscum discovered Saab turbos.

That Carlsson kit loks more like the Erubuni one doesn't it? Particularly the back bumper.

If they planned on de-locking to smooth the shape why didn't they de- handle too.

How have they gotten 9k Aero front and back seats in, when the 9kAero was a 5 door, so the seats won't tilt to let people in.

Looking at it, it is obviously well engineered, but I'm not sure if it looks "Right". What do you think.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I think I'd buy it in a heartbeat for anything near £3,000.00 if it was on this side of the pond.

I don't care if it's not quite "right," I miss my 900T and this would be a way to get one in really amazing shape. Call me a philistine but I think I'd enjoy it more than my '02 9-5 Aero.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Fritz

You're a Philistine. But then I'm one too, for liking the 900T.

-- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

MH

Me too, since I sold mine for the Celica GT4/Alltrac, I wished I had spent the £1700 I bought the Celica for, into my 900 instead of selling it. Could have sorted the body and transmission problems, and given it a whole new lease of life suspension bush wise.

Damn.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Likewise I would rather have a 900 than anyother Saab, but you do know that £3000 is 5,734.45 USD, that is just the auction starting price without any bids, and no matter what he spent, he is looking at a realistic book price of what a mint original condition car would fetch which would be £2-3k max, and upto £6k for a mint turbo convertable. And I certainly wouldn't imagine that to be mint, not because of the mods, but because he started with what sounds like a beater, and did a nice job of rebuilding it, unfortunatley that doesn't make it any more valuable. Also, I notice he makes no mention of mileage in the auction. That suggests no real history, which will bring the price down. They don't fetch mega money here at the best of time.

One of the UK Saabscene guys picked a T16, with new tyres, a fresh MOT, and new exhaust, just for a trackday, for £400. paint was rough, but the whole thing was solid, and it was very quick for a standard car. he sold it at a profit afterwards.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Does not look right.

Try insuring it and you might be a shade of green matching the blue (if green can ever match blue) :-)

Charles

Reply to
Charles C.

One of the guys on another newgroup I use, photoshopped the picture, lightening the tint, and shading the bright turqouise colour until it was very nearly black. It looked a far better car, almost better than a standard Carlsson with aftermarket wheels.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I can believe that, the colour is vile! Anyone who pays £3k or more for a F*&^$D up C900 needs their head testing. I guess it may be worth £1500, lets wait for him to relist....

Al

Reply to
Al

That is one molested vehicle - I would find it hard to trust someone who can do that to a C900; would need to verify all the claims of work done (engine/gearbox stripdown etc) before even considering it.

Reply to
Grunff

I dunno... I'm a saab freak to the last but the GT4 is a fine car, obviously without the character or 'feel good' factor of a 900...

The 900 is dynamically old....

Reply to
chris

Yep. I bought the GT4, because I like cars that have been competition=20 based (yes I know it was the 99, not the 900 that Saab rallied), so my=20 love of old Skodas, Saabs in rally and rallycross, and now the GT4. It=20 is good, but even producing more power, it feels soft because of the AWD=20 absorbing more. It doesn't have that wonderful lag, build, boom of a T3=20 coming on boost that gives such a wonderful kick in the back.

I liked the "dynamically old" feel of the car. A friend was looking to=20 buy mine (but found a turbo technics twin turbo 4x4 V6 sierra for =A3600=20 that just needed some minor electrical work). He took it out for a spin.

His description was it looks and feels old, but drives new (and that was=20 with 20 years wear and tear and 135k miles on it). I described it as=20 classicly refined sporting.

I didn't drive the Saab for while after I got the GT4, but even though a=20 T16S is physically very low to the ground, after the GT4, getting into=20 the driving seat of the 900 felt like climbing up into a truck. Although=20 after about 10mins it felt like driving a really luxury cruiser again. I=20 guess I means I must own a 900 again, preferably a T16 convertable.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

The color looks ugly to me. But there are seekers apparently. At

3,525 sterlings still the reserve is not met. I hope the bidders know what they are getting. Well, to each his own.
Reply to
yaofengchen

Does anyone have the email address of the seller for this car? I'd like to get in touch and ask if he/she would mind the pics being placed in the image gallery section of my C900 Workshop site..

I've just added a series of pics sent to me by a Saab 1985 C900 turbo owner in Zimbabwe (!), and the car in the above listing looks very unique and unlike anything I've come across here in Australia so it's a good example of an 'extreme' Saab C900 makeover!

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's C900 Site

Auction ended at =A34125 GBP, and reserve was not met.

He didn't relist.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

There are apparently people crazy about SAAB's. One of the reasons I bought them is because there are bargains to be had. Not in this case.

Reply to
yaofengchen